- Vienna Presbyterian Church
From where I work, at Vienna Presbyterian Church, there are four coffee shops within four blocks of the front door. Two of those coffee houses are Starbucks and one of them is directly across the street. I probably walk across Rt. 123 to visit this particular Starbucks once or twice a week because it’s close, I really like the baristas that work there and well….I like coffee.
- Starbucks Parking Lot
So, A few weeks ago, before “Snowmageddon” hit DC, I was rushing back to church for a 1:00 meeting and was delayed because of an automobile accident in the Starbucks parking lot. It seems that a woman, sitting idol at the red light in front of the church, had a seizure and blacked out at the steering wheel. When she passed out her car sped through the Rt. 123 intersection, missing all oncoming cars, and hopped the sidewalk. Her car then hit and launched an unsuspecting car that was sitting unmanned and parked in an unfortunate parking spot. Thankfully, no one was seriously injured.
Today is a Reminder….You are a Mist!
Todays post is designed to be a reminder that our life here is a gift. The truth is, once today is over, you can never get it back and tomorrrow is promised to no one. The book of James reminds us that in chapter 14 verse 4. “Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” I loose track, at times, that my days here are limited and that I need to take advantage of every moment. So……..
Here are a few every day reminders that will make all the difference.
- Talk to God every day.
- Make sure you show your family how much you love them every day.
- Do something for someone else everyday.
Other Popular Posts
- Church closes food bank because it attracts poor people. 0 comments
- Look and see how a Starbucks Barista spelled my wife's name! 0 comments
- Top 10 Weirdest things ever sold on ebay 0 comments
- "…Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" 0 comments
- Do You See God In This Video? I Do! (watch before Thanksgiving dinner!) 0 comments
- INFP-Personality Type 0 comments
- About The Ordained Barista 0 comments