Ok, I have a question and I need your opinion on this topic!
Phones in Church?
I was sitting in church a few weeks ago and I didn’t have my Bible with me, so I looked it up the relevant morning passage on my IPhone (instead of using the pew Bible I might add.) I have several great Bible IPhone apps that I use (all the time) when I don’t have a Bible on me or when I need to look up a passage by keyword or topic. Anyway, while I was quietly reading the Scripture one of my friends, who was in the balcony and could see me on my phone, texted me, in fun, to “get off my phone in Church.” I tried to explain to her later that I was using my Bible App, but I don’t think she bought that as an excuse.
OK, Here is my question. Is it EVER OK to use your smartphone in church to read your Bible? Is it my responsibility to not look like I am on my phone even when I am using my IPhone for good and not evil? Or, is it the responsibility of the other person to not judge me and think that I have the best intentions? Have you ever used your phone in church or in a meeting, for good purposes, and felt bad about it? I think this problem is going to get worse (especially in church) before it gets better. Agree or not? Do you think the opinions on the topic will divide along generational lines?
Other Popular Posts
- Church closes food bank because it attracts poor people. 0 comments
- Top 10 Weirdest things ever sold on ebay 0 comments
- "…Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" 0 comments
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing 0 comments
- INFP-Personality Type 0 comments
- Do You See God In This Video? I Do! (watch before Thanksgiving dinner!) 0 comments
- About The Ordained Barista 0 comments