How do YOU spell Rachel?
Well, if you’re a Barista in Northern Virginia you spell it:
R A I C H U L
Now, I am not the world’s greatest speller—but Raichul? Really? Rai-Chul? Really? It’s little things like this that only confirm the fears, held by many Americans, that we are certainly not getting any smarter as a country. My response, however, is that problems like this, and many others, could be solved if we only READ OUR BIBLES!
Rachel is one of the most important woman in the Bible, and, like my Rachel, she is described as “stunningly beautiful.” (Genesis 29 The Message) So beautiful, in fact, that Jacob was willing to work for 7 years (turns out to be much longer) to get Rachel’s hand in marriage. My favorite part of the story, however, is what Jacob does the very first time he sets eyes on her. Click the link below if you want to read the beginning of Jacob and Rachel’s story.
Do people ever misspell your name? How? (I get “Berry” a lot) Who are you named after? What’s your favorite part of the Jacob and Rachel story? ( I would love to get a little summary of the story in the comments section!) Do you have a word you always misspell? I have the hardest time with “tomorrow”—don’t know why.
Other Popular Posts
- Church closes food bank because it attracts poor people. 0 comments
- Top 10 Weirdest things ever sold on ebay 0 comments
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing 0 comments
- "…Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" 0 comments
- INFP-Personality Type 0 comments
- About The Ordained Barista 0 comments
- Clean Bean Coffee Company 0 comments