Are you a Black Friday shopper? Do you like getting great deals? The truth of the matter is that I’m just too darn big (6’8″ 300+ pounds) to be a Black Friday shopper. I’m always in the way, and imagine I would end up accidentally trampling a few unsuspecting senior citizens, which is never pretty. The only reason that I would like Black Friday shopping is so that I could get a cup of coffee and watch people be ridiculous over ONE “Suzie Talks A Lot Doll” (Thanks, Buddy—possibly the greatest Christmas movie ever!)
Well, with all the focus today on shopping, gifts, Christmas and giving I thought I would give you and I an opportunity to do some good on Black Friday. I have been a fan of World Vision for a long time and their 2011 Holiday Catalog is out where you can buy a gift, on behalf of a loved one, that will make a HUGE difference in the lives of less fortunate people around the world. You can buy gifts like cows, goats, chickens, a water well and more. Please check out the little video below and go visit the catalog!
As always, please leave a comment (What did you buy from World Vision? What was the best Black Friday deal you ever got?) If you’re not already, please get on our email list or click on the Coffee mug at the top of the page and get The Ordained Barista delivered directly to your RSS reader. Thanks!
Other Popular Posts
- Church closes food bank because it attracts poor people. 0 comments
- Top 10 Weirdest things ever sold on ebay 0 comments
- "…Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" 0 comments
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing 0 comments
- INFP-Personality Type 0 comments
- Do You See God In This Video? I Do! (watch before Thanksgiving dinner!) 0 comments
- About The Ordained Barista 0 comments