I need your vote in the comments section! We are a real tree family. Although, after our tree escapade this weekend I did contemplate switching sides. Let’s just say that the tree we have now is not the first one that we brought into the house. Anyway, people are usually pretty loyal to their type of tree—real or
fake … “artificial”—sorry.
Why is the evergreen tree a part of the Christmas celebration anyway? Well, we have read The Legend of the Christmas Tree to our kids for the last few years. It’s a cute story, and it clearly points to birth, life, and death of Jesus, but it’s not the entire story of the Christmas tree-by far. If your interested in the somewhat controversial history of the Christmas Tree read this Christianity today article on why we have a Christmas tree, it’s pretty good!
Ok, your turn! Real? Artificial? Why? What did you have growing up? Are you artificial but you wish you could be real? Are you real and you wish you could be artificial? (I’m beginning to sound like an episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey…not that I watch it.) Is an artificial tree even really a tree? Please leave a comment and invite someone else to jump in the conversion through facebook. Also, if you’re not on our email list please sign up below, or get The Ordained Barista delivered directly to your RSS feeder by clicking the mug at the top of the page! Thanks, you will never know how much it helps!
Other Popular Posts
- Church closes food bank because it attracts poor people. 0 comments
- Why New Years Resolutions Don’t Work. 0 comments
- INFP-Personality Type 0 comments
- "…Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" 0 comments
- Top 10 Weirdest things ever sold on ebay 0 comments
- Look and see how a Starbucks Barista spelled my wife's name! 0 comments
- Clean Bean Coffee Company 0 comments