If you haven’t heard of the Grammy nominated band Gungor then it’s about time that you do, and you’re going to thank me later! Their new album, Ghosts Upon the Earth, is Amazing. I am also a huge fan of their second album, Beautiful Things. Gungor’s music is hard to explain, but if you like bands like David Crowder and Over the Rhine—you will love Gungor! Click on the iTunes button at the top of the screen to check them out in iTunes.
The title, Ghosts Upon the Earth was somewhat inspired by the allegory by C.S. Lewis titled The Great Divorce, in which the “ghosts” of a grey town encounter a heaven that is astonishingly, even painfully, real. “Sometimes it seems like the most real thing is what we can see and experience with our senses around us- this life, the tangible,” explains Michael Gungor. “Ideas like love, like God, these things sometimes feel more disconnected and ethereal, like that’s the ghostly realm. But what if that’s wrong, and God and love is actually what is most real, and we are more like ghosts walking upon the earth, hoping to become more real?”
I hope you will give them a listen this holiday season—you won’t be disappointed!
I will be giving one random person a copy of both of these albums, in CD or iTunes form, if you post a link to this blog post on your facebook wall and tell me that you did so in the comment section below! Good luck!
Other Popular Posts
- Church closes food bank because it attracts poor people. 0 comments
- Top 10 Weirdest things ever sold on ebay 0 comments
- "…Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" 0 comments
- INFP-Personality Type 0 comments
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing 0 comments
- About The Ordained Barista 0 comments
- Clean Bean Coffee Company 0 comments