Yesterday I admitted to a large class of Middle and High School students, as I was preparing to speak on the story of Jacob, that sometimes I like to read children’s Bibles during my own devotional and study time, as well as to my kids before bed. (Right now we are reading The BFG together.)
He is Here
My favorite Children’s Bible ever is The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Loyd Jones, Illustrated by Jago. The illustrations are amazing and Sally does a masterful job at pointing toward the meta-narrative of scripture, which is why the subtitle of the book is Every story whispers his name.
This story Bible makes a GREAT Christmas present and fantastic devotional for you and your kids.
Other Popular Posts
- Church closes food bank because it attracts poor people. 0 comments
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing 0 comments
- Flipping Out! 0 comments
- Look and see how a Starbucks Barista spelled my wife's name! 0 comments
- UNDEAD! 12 Ounce Interview (and book giveaway) with author Clay Morgan! 0 comments
- INFP-Personality Type 0 comments
- Clean Bean Coffee Company 0 comments